We are excited to celebrate our Caltech 2020 graduates! Below are a few ways we can celebrate together even while we're apart.
Celebrate the Graduates with #Caltech2020 on Twitter and Instagram
We invite you to share words of congratulations, wisdom, well wishes, and encouragement through your personal social media accounts. Posts tagged with #Caltech2020 on Instagram and Twitter may be included on our virtual memory wall on the Watch page.
Don't have social media? You can submit your shout-outs and celebrations using the orange form on this page.
Enjoy a Celebratory Toast With President Rosenbaum and Professor Faber
President Rosenbaum and Professor Faber would like to personally congratulate Caltech's 2020 Graduates. Please join us for a virtual toast to celebrate the new graduates and their families on Friday, June 12, 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., immediately after the virtual commencement ceremony. The virtual toast will take place on Zoom. Register online in advance to attend.
Join or Host a Watch Party
Several campus organizations are hosting virtual watch parties for students via Zoom.
See the list below for host contact information. To join a watch party, email the contact person listed below to request the login details. Hosts are independently gathering and confirming RSVP requests and will provide the Zoom link and password directly to confirmed attendees.
Contact: Mark Becker
This watch party welcomes student athletes and their families.
Caltech Center for Inclusion and Diversity
Contact: Monique Thomas
Use this online form to RSVP. Choose "virtual watch party" in the dropdown menu.
Office of Residential Education
Contact: Felicia Hunt and Tom Mannion
There may even be a special guest appearance by the Caltech Beaver! Please specify in your RSVP email subject line that you'd like to join the ORE watch party.
Contact: Varun Shanker
Please specify in your RSVP email subject line that you'd like to join the ASCIT watch party.
Graduate Student Council
Contact: Ellen Yan
Caltech Postdoc Association
Host/Contact: Amir Behbahani
Sign up to attend
Host: Miranda Maxwell
Use this online form to RSVP to join this watch party.
Want to host and organize your own watch party? We've provided some tips and best practices below.
- Use a platform you're comfortable with. We like Zoom, but there are other good options such as YouTube Watch Party—an extension for Google's Chrome browser. Tip: If you choose to Zoom, be sure to login with your access.caltech credentials at https://caltech.zoom.us or you'll be subject to Zoom's 40-minute meeting limit
- Schedule the "meeting" and invite your attendees. We strongly recommend using the password function to ensure only those registered attendees are joining your Watch Party.
- Encourage your attendees to join from a laptop or desktop computer, rather than a mobile device, for comfort during extended viewing/socializing
- Plan how you will watch. When it comes to the main event, watching the virtual Commencement ceremony, you have two options: everyone can watch on their own device in a second window alongside the video chat, or the host can queue up the YouTube Premiere and share their screen so all of the party attendees can see it in their video chat window
- Want to up your watch party game? Download and share these Zoom backgrounds so you can all virtually hang out on the Beckman Lawn, or any number of other favorite spots around Caltech's scenic campus.
POST YOUR MESSAGE TO OUR MEMORY WALL
- Enter your name and username (we suggest using your name without spaces) and select "Next."
- Enter your message.
- To include a photo, select the small icon in the lower left of the text entry form.
- Select "Submit Post."