Attend the In-Person Viewing Party
Caltech's 2021 graduates are invited to gather together on Caltech's South Athletic Field on Friday, June 11 for an outdoor livestream of Caltech's virtual 127th Commencement. This outdoor event is open only to graduating students who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (two weeks post the final vaccine dose).
To add to the celebratory experience, there will be on-site photobooths and a professional photographer from GradImages to capture cap and gown photos. Please remember to wear your regalia.
- Event check-in will begin at 9 a.m. Be sure to bring photo ID.
- The virtual commencement livestream will air at 10 a.m. and last approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Following the virtual commencement screening is a virtual champagne toast with President Rosenbaum and Professor Faber. The group gathered on the South Athletic Field will be livestreamed into the Zoom toast in order to celebrate remotely with the Caltech 2021 graduates and their families around the globe.
- After the champagne toast, attendees can use the photobooths and have photos taken until 12:30 p.m.
Health and Safety Guidelines:
- This outdoor event is open only to fully vaccinated graduating students. Prior to the event, students are required to officially confirm their vaccination status with the Institute by uploading a photo of their COVID-19 vaccination record card through Caltech's COVID-19 Vaccination Documentation application. Vaccination status will be confirmed at event check-in on June 11 and anyone whose status has not been confirmed In the Caltech system will be turned away.
- Event capacity is limited to 400 attendees per Pasadena Public Health guidelines and advance registration is required and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You will be asked to choose an assigned seat during registration. If you would like to sit by certain friends at the event, please collaborate with them on seat selection at the time of your individual registrations.
- Face coverings are required at this event per Pasadena Public Health Guidelines for live, outdoor seated events.
- No outside food and drinks (other than water) will be permitted, but food and drinks will be provided at the event.
- As the weather could be sunny and warm, we recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen, and water.
VERIFY YOUR VACCINATION STATUS
You must upload your vaccination card to the Student Health Portal prior to the event
Directions for uploading can be found here: https://wellness.caltech.edu/health/returning-student-covid-upload
REGISTER TO ATTEND THE EVENT
Select the "Buy on Map" option below to choose your seat. (If you're on a mobile device, scroll down and select the red "Get tickets" button.)
Remember, if you would like to sit with specific other graduates at the event, please collaborate with them on seat selection at the time of your individual registrations.