To: All Graduating Students
From: Warren Brown, Caltech Convocations Committee Chair
Date: June 6, 2022
Re: Important Commencement Information
Dear Graduating Students,
Caltech's commencement ceremony is scheduled for this Friday, June 10, at 10 a.m. Please review these important reminders before the big day:
- GRADUATING STUDENT ARRIVAL TIME: All candidates participating in Commencement are expected to reach their specified marshaling and lineup sites around Caltech Hall Pond, dressed in cap and gown, and check in no later than 8:45 a.m. on Friday morning. Bachelor's candidates will then take their group photo in front of Parsons-Gates before returning to the marshaling area. The commencement exercises will begin promptly at 10 a.m. Latecomers may not be included in the processional.
- PROCESSIONAL INSTRUCTIONS: Detailed instructions on the processional and process for conferring degrees is available below by degree. Please review this information in advance of the ceremony:
- PROHIBITED ITEMS: Graduating students are prohibited from carrying purses, backpacks, or other personal items with them during the processional. All phones must be on silent and placed in pockets, out of sight.
- GUEST CHECK IN AND SEATING: Tickets are not required for your friends and family to attend Caltech's Commencement, but seating is limited and only available on a first-come, first-served basis. Event guests must enter through one of the four designated check-in areas around Beckman Mall and receive a wristband before taking a seat. See the 2022 Commencement Map for the locations of the four check-in areas. Please note, graduating students should report directly to the marshaling area at Caltech Hall Pond and do not need to go through the guest check-in lines.
Additional Information for Guests:
- Guest check-in stations will open at 8:30 a.m.
- At check-in, guests will need to show proof of full vaccination or recent negative test, along with a photo ID (or, if they attended a Commencement event on June 9 and had their vaccination status verified there, they can simply show the wristband they were issued).
- Guests will be required to wear masks during the event.
- CALTECH STORE: For last minute purchases and regalia pick up, the Caltech Store will open on the day of Commencement at 8:00 a.m.
The Commencement website contains important information for this year's ceremony, including:
- The schedule of events and activities surrounding Commencement, including cap and gown photo opportunities
- The 2022 event map
- Health & Safety guidelines
- Accessibility information
Please thoroughly review this email and the Commencement website and share the relevant information with those friends and family attending.
If you have any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.