2018 Grad Fair
Wednesday, April 18, 2018 • 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Bechtel Mall directly in front of Millikan Library
Be sure to attend the Grad Fair for one-stop shopping. While there, you will be able to:
- Purchase & take home your cap and gown (house color tassels and stoles will also be available)
- Pick up your formal invitation to Commencement
- Pick up registration information for all Commencement events
- Complete an address card with GradImages™ to ensure you receive your commencement proof images on time
- Take your official graduation portrait
- Speak to Registrar’s Office staff who will be there to answer questions
- Purchase your commencement DVD (to be mailed in August)
- Order announcements personalized with your name and degree
- Purchase your custom Caltech diploma frame (20% discount at Grad Fair only)
- Order your official Caltech ring
- Meet representatives from the Caltech Alumni Association
- Meet representatives from the Caltech Credit Union
Caps, Gowns & Other Mementos
Purchase and receive your cap and gown at the Grad Fair. Stoles can be reserved and house color tassels will also be available. Commencement gowns are made from recycled material and can be dropped off at the Bookstore after the ceremony. The cost for the bachelor's cap, gown and tassel is $35.00; House stole is $16.00; master's cap, gown and tassel is $38.00; and Ph.D. cap, gown, tassel and hood is $110.00. Contact the Caltech Store for more information.
Photographs and DVDs
Representatives from GradImages™ will be taking photographs at the Grad Fair. GradImages will also be taking photographs of you as you cross the stage to receive your diploma. Those proofs will be made available to you within 5 business days of graduation. You will have the opportunity to select from a variety of photo packages, with no obligation to purchase.
GradImages will also be available to take senior portraits or family portraits the morning of Thursday, June 14 at Millikan Pond, and at the President's Reception that afternoon. There are no appointments needed, portraits will be taken on a first-come first-served basis.
In order to streamline the photograph-ordering process, you are asked to provide your name and mailing address to GradImages. By doing so in advance of graduation, you will receive a $5 coupon off a $25 purchase when registering online.
DVD and Blu-Ray discs of the entire Commencement ceremony will be available for purchase.